Saturday, June 8, 2013

A love declaration .. Real Techniques Setting Brush

 photo copyrighted to Carla Gumin 2013. Unless otherwise stated.

I ahve a problem, a really really big problem. I think I'm addicted to brushes. Ever since I've been into makeup, I would buy brushes after brushes just to try them out. I cannot say how many I have in my collection already as I already lost and gave away some of my brushes. But I simply cannot stop.


Recently, it's been Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman, and the first brush I bought from her line is the Real Techniques Setting Brush.



The size of it's bristles is small!! It's perfect for setting the undereye and hard-to-reach areas like the side of the nose. It is also perfect for highlighting, due to it's small head making it fool-proof. I just love this too for contouring. Yup, you heard me, contouring! It makes everything seems so flawless! Love love love this so much. Although it will take time since this picks up little pigments than animal hair but it makes layering it easier than a slap-on-your-face contour.

One of the cons is that this is not a good brush for setting the whole face! It's too darn small. It takes time to set the whole face using this.



The handle is a pretty pink metallic aluminum and have  rubber grip at the end so that it wont slip through your grip when using it. BUT it is easily scratched and dented! Look at my poor RT Setting brush. :(


Im not sure why but I bought this from the same seller, but one has a tapered pointy end and the other is quite rounded. Please leave a comment below if you have a pointed or rounded end because Im really really curious because I love the pointed more.

Overall, I love this brush. Super inexpensive, Cruelty free, soft, multi-use and the best of all, it comes in pink! Haha. Such a sucker for girly things!

What do you think of this brush? What's your favorite technique when setting your foundation? Please leave a comment below. :)

Till next time

XO, Makeup Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment